California Vehicle Accident Attorney
legal help for injury & accident victims
Vehicles in California travel millions of miles everyday. Our state is famous for being a driver state, meaning that people use their cars as a primary mean of transportation, as opposed to walking or public transportation. Inevitably, we also have a lot of traffic collisions. In fact, there were nearly 30,000 injuries and fatalities in Los Angeles alone in 2013.
A vehicle accident can disrupt a victim’s life in a variety of ways. There will often be physical, emotional, psychological and even financial challenges that a victim must strive to overcome in order to regain a semblance of their normal life.
Insurance companies usually try to offer a victim the minimum amount possible, and that amount is rarely enough to make a dent in the bills and damages they are facing. Even worse, victims will sometimes accept whatever they are offered, either because they are unaware that they have the option to push back or because they are so overwhelmed by the aftermath of a collision. The vehicle accident attorneys at the Shamsi Law Firm can help you stand up to those insurance companies.
California Vehicle Accident Statistics
- In 2013, there were 2,772 fatal vehicle crashes and 3,000 deaths.
- 37 percent of those fatalities were occupants of cars, 23 percent were pedestrians, 16 percent were occupants of SUVs and pickup trucks and 15 percent were motorcyclists.
- 61 percent of fatal crashes in 2013 were in urban areas.
- Drunk driving fatalities represented 28.9 percent of total traffic deaths in MADD’s most recent year of reporting.
- According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, up to 80 percent of vehicle accidents involve some sort of driver inattention, or distracted driving.
Vehicle accidents in California leave victims with a number of injuries – traumatic brain injuries, broken bones and paralysis, to name just a few. Then there are the financial losses – medical bills, loss of income, loss of work capability. There are also unfortunate emotional and psychological burdens that a victim must face, ranging from post-traumatic stress disorder to loss of personal and professional relationships due to pain or trauma sustained in a vehicle accident.
Common Causes of Vehicle Accidents in California
- Reckless Driving (speeding, improper lane shits, etc.)
- Drunk Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Mechanical Failures
- Poor Road Conditions
If you or a loved one has been injured in a vehicle accident in California, the Los Angeles car accident attorneys at the Shamsi Law Firm can help you in your fight to get the compensation you deserve. Because of state laws, time is often of the essence in vehicle accident cases, and it is important that you act quickly to ensure your case has the best possible chance of a positive result. Contact the Shamsi Law Firm today at 888-742-6745 to talk to an experienced vehicle accident attorney.