California Personal Injury Attorney
legal help for injury & accident victims
A major injury can disrupt a person’s life in immeasurable ways. They often seem to happen immediately, without warning. And suddenly, the injured person is left to deal with intense pain, wondering how to pay medical bills, how to be productive at work, and, in many cases, how to cope with the trauma they’ve suffered.
At the Shamsi Law Firm, we believe that when another party is responsible for our client’s injury, it is only right that they, or their insurance company, compensate the victim in order to bring some semblance of normalcy back to the victim’s life.
Causes of Personal Injuries in California
An injury can be the result of many different types of incidents. Here are just a few that we have worked on in the past:
- Vehicle Accidents (Car Accidents, Large Truck Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents)
- Slip & Fall
- Premises Liability
- Dog Bites
- Workplace Injury (Workers’ Compensation)
California Injury Numbers at a Glance
- In 2014, there were 206,873 unintentional non-fatal injuries requiring hospitalization.
- Of those injuries, 110,830 were caused by falls.
- There were 10,608 accidental deaths (or unintentional injury-related deaths) in 2009.
- The three leading causes of these fatalities were poisoning (3,561 or 33.5%), vehicle accidents (3,200 or 30%) and accidental falls (2,048 or 19.3%).
- In 2010, there were 604 motor vehicle traffic deaths, 6,476 non-fatal motor vehicle traffic hospitalizations and 57,777 treated-and-released traffic-related emergency department visits in Los Angeles County alone.
- Of the fatal vehicle traffic-related deaths, roughly a third were occupants of a vehicle, while another 32% percent were pedestrians.
Consequences of a Serious Injury
An injury can have ripple effects that are felt physically, emotionally and financially. They often dramatically impact a victim’s quality of life. Injuries can include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Damage to Vital Organs
- Loss of Limbs or Amputations
- Emotional Trauma, PTSD
- Loss in Income Due to Injuries
- Loss of Work Capability
- Medical Bills – Hospital Bills, Rehabilitation, Ongoing Doctor Visits, Therapy
The Shamsi Law Firm has helped many Californians fight for the compensation that they deserve. Sometimes, the responsible party refuses to adequately compensate the victim for their losses. Frequently, insurance companies do their best to minimize the amount they’ll pay the victim.
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in California is two years, but time is often of the essence, and the sooner you can move forward with your case, the better. In the case of vehicle collisions, for example, a case can be won or lost by the actions taken in the days following the incident. When facing major medical bills and intimidating insurance companies, remember that you don’t have to go it alone. Contact the Shamsi Law Firm at 888-742-6745 to get an advocate who knows what it takes to get real results for clients.