Being involved in an auto accident can be one of the most traumatic experiences of your life. Between dealing with injuries, property damage, and insurance companies, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. But you don’t have to face this alone. You could be entitled to financial compensation for your crash-related losses — and a car accident attorney in Los Angeles can help you get it.
That’s where The Shamsi Law Firm, APC comes in. Sean Shamsi prides himself on delivering personalized attention to each client, recognizing that every case has unique needs and circumstances. With his tailored solutions and compassionate approach, Sean has recovered tens of millions for those he represents and is ready to help you, too.
Contact The Shamsi Law Firm, APC today for your free consultation to learn how a Los Angeles car accident lawyer can help.
What Are the Different Types of Car Accidents?
No two car accidents are exactly alike, but many of them fall into the following common categories:
- Head-On Collisions – In a head-on collision, the front ends of two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide.
- Rear-End Accidents – In a rear-end accident, one vehicle crashes into the back of another.
- Sideswipe Accidents – A sideswipe accident happens when the sides of two parallel vehicles collide.
- T-Bone Collisions – Also called a “broadside” accident, a T-bone collision occurs when the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of another.
- Hit-and-Run Accidents – This is when a driver leaves the accident scene without providing their personal information or stopping to help those who are injured.
What Are Common Injuries from Car Accidents?
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which are not immediately apparent after the collision. The severity and type of injury often depend on factors like the speed of the vehicles, the point of impact, and the use of safety features. Common car crash injuries include:
- Fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Burn injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Crush injuries
- Joint injuries
- Nerve damage
- Abdominal injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Eye injuries
- Dental injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What Should I Do Immediately After a Car Accident in Los Angeles?
The immediate aftermath of an auto wreck is often a blur of emotion and adrenaline, and it’s common to feel overwhelmed and uncertain about what happens next. But the steps you take in the following days and weeks can significantly affect your recovery and legal rights. Here’s what you should do:
- Seek immediate medical attention to have your injuries diagnosed, treated, and documented.
- Make sure you attend all medical appointments and follow your treatment recommendations.
- Notify your auto insurance company about the accident.
- Preserve all evidence related to the accident, such as medical records and repair estimates.
- Create a written account of the accident, including any interactions you had with other parties.
- Take photographs of the damage to your vehicle and any visible crash injuries you sustained.
- Obtain the accident report from the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Consult with your lawyer before making any statements to insurance adjusters.
- Keep a detailed record of all expenses and income losses related to the accident.
- Avoid discussing the accident or posting about your well-being on social media before you settle.
- Consult with your lawyer before accepting any settlement offer to ensure it is a fair payout.